Monday (16 January) was the announcement by Ben Wallace, Britain’s Defence Minister, that additional military support would be provided for Ukraine. He confirmed that 14 Challenger 2 tanks were being supplied, as well as other details.
“Today, I can announce the largest package in combat power to accelerate Ukrainian success.” Wallace said that the package included a squadron Challenger 2 tank equipped with armoured repair and recovery vehicles.
The package also includes:
– Eight AS90 guns
– Bulldog personnel carriers and additional armoured or protected vehicles.
– Manoeuvre support package which includes minefield breaching and bridging capabilities.
– Many more “uncrewed” air systems exist that can support artillery
Additional 100,000 artillery shots
– Starstreak missile defense, medium range air defense, guided multiple launch rocket system (GMLRS) and Starstreak missile defence are just a few of the advanced missiles available.
– Set of spares to support up to 100 Ukrainian tanks and infantry fighting vehicles.
This article is shared: